Women Empowerment Cell
The Centre for Women Development was set up in the year 2015. Its main objective is to assist women to realize their full potential and exercise their active influence on society and its transformation. It also aims to provide and maintain a dignified, amiable working environment for women employees (including teaching, non-teaching and Administrative staffs) and female students, where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest. It also puts an effort to prevent and discourage the occurrence of any act of harassment, including sexual harassment and to provide the procedure for redressal, grievance settlement or prosecution of acts by taking necessary steps to promote well being of the female students, Teaching and Non- teaching women staff of the college.
- To promote general well-being of female students and teaching and non teaching women staff.
- To create awareness about health and hygiene among girl students.
- To prevent sexual harassment, if any ,on campus and off campus.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women in general and gender discrimination in particular by means of programs like lectures, workshops and seminars.
- To develop skills among the girl students by means of workshops and training programmes for their overall personality development as well as for the encouragement of self-reliance among them.
- To create legal awareness among women by informing about Women Welfare Laws.
- To encourage participation of NGOs working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the Cell.