To dedicate and maintaining the quality of rigorous and innovative curriculum that focus on developing the students.
- Encouraging students to participate in high-quality research.
- Actively maintain contact with our graduates to develop connections with our alumni.
- Producing knowledgeable graduates in academic, industry and government.
- Develop an understanding of the physical and chemical behavior of matter, including the chemical basis of biological phenomena.
- Serve as good role models to students for safe and ethical professional behavior.
- Encourage students to value diversity and to develop a global perspective through international experiences in chemistry.
- Promotes independent thought, collegial exchange of ideas and high ethical standards.
- To provide a broad foundation in chemistry that stresses scientific reasoning and analytical problem solving with a molecular perspective.
- Students will be able to describe those chemical principles, processes, or phenomena which they consider to be aesthetically pleasing.
- The student will understand the interdisciplinary nature of chemistry and to integrate knowledge of mathematics, physics and other disciplines to a wide variety of chemical problems.
- Students will demonstrate competence in the safe use and handling of chemicals.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
- The General objective of this program is to produce skilled and trained man power in field of Chemistry.
- To stimulate scientific curiosity and general intellectual objectives aimed at producing matured and conscious citizens.
- To produce skilled manpower of well trained chemistry, at different levels of education, capable of taking up positions in various socio-economic sectors of the country.
- To train chemist with a sound foundation to pursue higher level studies (MSc. and PhD.) to meet the needs of the country for such highly skilled manpower.
- To train the students in the matter of values like equality of opportunities, educational discipline, respect to the elders, love of truth & justice.
A Candidate who has passed in Higher secondary Education with Chemistry and Physics and any one of the following subjects namely Maths, Botany, Zoology or Biology.
Duration of the Course
The course for the Degree of Bachelor of Science – chemistry shall consist of three academic years divided into six semesters.