- To engage students in an exploration of fashion as an art form and form and a medium of communication and expression.
- To explore, produce and produce a personal artistic vision in costume design.
- Each student is offered a possibility to focus on a specific area within the performing arts or any other performance context involving costume.
- To inculcate a knowledge in fashion and costume designing with the contemporary practice for the modern world.
The objective of this course is to provide an in-depth introduction to the theory & practice of costume design. Students develop an understanding of character and script analysis, theatrical composition, collaboration with directors, designers and actors and continue mastering their rendering skills. The primary media studied in this course is watercolor, although there will be opportunities for students to explore other media.costume design is the envisioning of clothing and the overall appearance of a character or performer. Costume may refer to the style of dress particular to a nation, a class, or a period. In many cases, it may contribute to the fullness of the artistic, visual world which is unique to a particular theatrical or cinematic production. The most basic designs are produced to denote status, provide protection or modesty, or provide visual interest to a character. Costumes may be for a theater, cinema, or musical performance but may not be limited to such. Costume design should not be confused with costume coordination which merely involves altering existing clothing, although both create stage clothes. Four types of costumes are used in theatrical design: historical, fantastical, dance, and modern.
1.To enhance student interest in and knowledge about the motion picture creative development and the film production process
2. To encourage students to use critical thinking
3. To engage students in an exploration of film as an art form and a medium of communication and expression
4. To help students improve their media literacy
5. To heighten visual and observational skills
A Candidate who has passed in Higher secondary Board Examination.
Duration of the course
The course for the degree of Bachelor of Costume design and Fashion shall consist of three academic years divided into six semesters.