Red Ribbon Club
The primary tool of the campaign among the youth is the Red Ribbon Club(RRC) it attempts to main stream HIV /AIDS prevention, mitigation, stigma reduction care and treatment among the youth in higher education institutions. The programme also train the student volunteers to act as peer educators to further spread the message on the campus and outside. The club facilitates testing and referrals for students after counseling. It is initiated and supported by the Tamil Nadu State AIDS control society (TANSACS) and in plemeuted through multi sectoral collaboration. It unites the people in the common fight against this disease.
- To increase awareness on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
- To impart skills on communication, self-protection, negotiation, and effective group interaction
- To prepare youth as peer educators/agents of change by developing their skills on leadership and team building.
- To encourage blood donations
- To serve as forums for students to participate in the fight against HIV/AIDS