The mission of the mathematics program is to provide high quality education in pure and applied mathematics in order to prepare students for graduate studies or professional careers in mathematical sciences and related fields.
- To developing mathematical ability in students with acute and abstract reasoning.
- To cultivate a mathematical attitude and nurture the interests.
- To motivate for research in mathematical and statistical sciences.
- To provide graduates with a comprehensive advanced knowledge of important areas of mathematics.
- To learn to apply mathematics to real life situations and help in problem solving.
- To impart knowledge of some basic concepts and principles of the discipline.
- To solve mathematical problems using multiple representations and using multiple mathematical approaches.
- To aware of current issues in and the evolving nature of mathematics education including the use of technology.
- To prepare students for jobs related to mathematics in industry, education, or government.